Are you a Christian who experience same-sex attractions?
Do you have a homosexual orientation?
Or do you self-identify as gay?
What do you want the church (or your church) to know about you.
Use these questions as a catalyst to express yourself.
You are invited to share your comments below.
Answer any (or all) of the questions.
Remember to adhere to the ‘Blog Comment Policy’ (at the top of this page).
- As a member of the church, what is it like being you?
- Are there any burdens or expectations placed upon you by the church or individual Christians (well-intentioned or not; reasonable or not)? What are some examples you could give?
- The life, worship and culture of most churches are very family-oriented. If you are single, how does your unmarried status affect your needs and desires? Your relationships with other church members? Do you feel deprived of the intimacy and experiences others may enjoy? How would you explain your circumstances?
- What might cause you to stay away from the church?
- What would make you feel welcome in a church?
- Describe the kind of church you would want to be involved in.
- If you could speak openly with church leadership, what would you communicate with them about homosexual attractions (personally or in general)?
Image Courtesy of Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net